Sunday, January 2, 2011

Feeling the Growl

Wow, I have been on the liquid diet for 5 days now. OMG this is a true test of my will power. I am hoping that this is just the worst of it and if I push past this I can make it til the 10th.  Water, sugar free jello, sugar free pops and chicken broth.  I did try the beef broth from Swansons, it was gross. Chicken broth will be my best friend. lol  But I did find myself in tears last night because I was so hungry for real food.
      I have thought more than once if I was doing the right thing.  I know I am, just a little time being uncomfortable for a longer healthier life.  New years eve I was very proud of myself. All of my friends drinking and eating, and me with my water bottle..lol  I did have a blast and it was great to wake up the next day without a hangover or feeling like I got hit by a Mack Truck.
     I got all registered on the 30th. Had a chest xray, ekg and blood work all done. I am suppose to check in at 7 and surgery is at 830am.  The panic attacks have set in. I don't worry about the pain or the recovery, just as long as wake up to go through it. My biggest fear is the anesthesia.  But I have been under 5 times twice as heavy as I am now. But there is still that fear.
     Well the kids have ordered pizza for dinner so I am off to head to my friends house to be away from the temptation.

No comments:

Post a Comment