Friday, January 14, 2011

4 Days Post Op

Well hello there everyone. I'm happy to say that I made it thru surgery...lol  Yes I am a bit of a worry wart. Getting ready for surgery was a bit more of a pain in the ass then anything.  Took them over an hour before they got an IV started. I almost didn't have time to see my family before I went in. They stuck me 7 times, they were just about to just put one in my NECK, then the doctor came in again and got one started in my hand.
Surgery was Monday, that night in the hospital I was pretty sore. The only thing that escalated it was them emptying my JP drain and resetting it to draw again.  It felt like they it had a hold of my lung or something. Intensive care nurse came to check on me once to rule out a clot for the pain.
Tuesday morning I had my swallow test and passed with flying colors. So when they got me back to my room I got all the tubes and drains removed. I was free. They kept the IV attachment in my hand just in case. I went walking Monday night and a few times Tuesday. By 3 o clock Tuesday I was resting at home on my couch.
I have a great support system here. Friends were with me all night and have been in and out everyday that I've been home. I was in and out of it Tuesday night. Wed was a pretty good day, Thursday was a rough one. Not sure why I woke up feeling like poo. Started feeling better by that afternoon.
Today even with my friend here I got up by myself, fixed my shake, fixed my soup. Haven't had any pain meds today.
I am tolerating water, the shakes, the puree'd soups really well. Just getting use to the constant burping. lol All in all I think I am doing pretty well and having a great experience so far.
Although I haven't lost any weight yet.  I talked to my nurse about that today and she said it was because of all the fluids that were given to me in the hospital and the gas they pumped me up with, she said that usually after about the first week after surery is when the weight loss starts. And that I'll be surprised.

No comments:

Post a Comment